Deus Logos Ex-Press

This blog is an amalgamation of the ongoing escapades of the Last Word Books Friends & Family Printing Project. We've got an old Chandler & Price Platen Press from 1934(?) named Ampersand stuffed into the back of Last Word and three old Kelsey's at Hungry Hollow Farm. Soon we will be letterpressing local poetry broadsides, beer coasters, chapbooks, flyers, LP covers, cd covers, 'zines and whatever else we can come up with.

4.20.2006


oh god.

i felt bad at first when I had to go to Jade and say: "I'm sorry Jade, now we have 4 printing presses to work on instead of one."

Well now we are going to have maybe 5 to 8 presses and an entire print shop to set up. I still need to call Stu and tell him he's gonna need way more film. So in light of these new developments this blog may be changing a bit. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, here's some pictures of the three little tabletop presses I just procured from Bill Ransom early yesterday morning. One of them has a little local NW history, having been used for years by Sam Green up at Brooding Heron Press. I'm setting up a little studio out in our old barn here at Hungry Hollow over the next few days. Wish me luck.

I'm so glad that Stu interviewed Jade and I when he did, the night before I scored this entire studio from Yakima. It makes out words all the more meaningful because when we spoke them we had virtually nothing but were full of dreams and now we have everything (or soon will) and our dreams are leaking out the seams. We have yet to meet, we don't know what we're doing but we know it's going to be... quintessential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home